Monday 20 June 2016

DEVIANTART HAS PROBLEMS AND HERE'S WHY





DeviantART is a really fun art social website where people from all over the world share their masterpieces throughout the globe. You can even comish people to draw stuff for you with the use of DeviantART's own currency also own as ''Points'' and also via PayPal. It was first founded way back in 2000 and I only just joined the site since 2008. Later on, I decided to share my original creations with the world. I even happen to make new friends along the way which is great.

Unfortunately though. DeviantART has tons of serious problems that were never fixed for a long time. Even the mobile app is extremely half-assed to use and lacks many key features such as dA's points system, ability to delete images, ability to llamas to people, scraps, sta.sh and hell even lacks micro-transactions that could of been easily used for points and premi.. err I mean ''Core'' memberships. Here, I'm about to list down the main core problems that DeviantART really needs to fix in order to make the community more happy.


10% MISSING THUMBNAILS:
Everytime I browse the website. 1-4 picture thumbnails refuse to load, especially in the new crappy update for search results and on DeviantART's own mobile app. I had to refresh the page three or more times just to get them to load properly and it's being a common problem for two months. My internet connection for my computer and 4G connection for my smarphone however works flawless with other websites so it can't be my internet connection, It's their crap servers and it's getting annoying. I had no choice but to report this issue...5 times for a tiny two month old problem. When I report this problem, I got nothing but the same old copy/paste message saying their Devious tech team are looking into this. Alas, they did nothing but ignoring the issue. Why fix a simple common bug that's not broken when other companies can fix a simple bug no problem without any reports. I also happen to grab a sample if you want to take a look, I get this issue all the damn time.



DEVIANTART'S MOBILE APP:
While it's very nice and simple to use but it's seriously horrific to use at the same time. It lacks the main key features that the main desktop website has. There is no way to use/give/pay dA points, access your sta.sh, give out llamas and no way to purchase points and buy/extend premium membership. Many many mobile apps has micro-transactions, DeviantART on the other hand lacks this. Why? Even worse it still has this annoying thumbnail bug that the main site has and the images even deload for no reason. And let's not forget about this infamous log out bug where you're forced to log in every week. I really want to delete this app but my network provider blocks the website for 4G access due to it's dumb age restriction. One day I will delete this horrible app off my phone. Also, if you click on the weblink on the app, it opens a browser you still get the annoying page warning that there are monsters out there even though dA got rid of it.

While I would include the infamous 500 server error and the annoying warning page. These issues were finally fixed a long time ago. However, the website is still flawed none of the less. DeviantART if you get chance. Please fix your website. Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment