Wednesday 6 July 2016

NORTH EAST RETRO GAMING - PART 2





So here it is folks. Part two of my blog regarding of my trip to North East Retro Gaming so let's look at some more photos.


Starting off this entry is this big obscure console that was made by Pioneer Electronics. It plays laserdisc games and even had additional hardware which can play not only Sega/Mega-CD games, even MegaDrive/Genesis games and I have to admit, this is a really interesting console.


Here's some excellent RPG's for the Super Nintendo and PlayStation. Even though the Super Nintendo had tons more. Few of them such as Chrono Trigger, Legend of Mana and Super Mario RPG never saw a European release.


I'M GONNA WRECK IT!!


Holy cow those teeth. I never knew Vipers have teeth. 


The boxart for Super Ghouls 'n' Ghosts looks generic. But still it's not that bad as I thought.


I love the grey box for the PlayStation.


Another Warner Interactive title with the other being called PO'ed. Is that when they later become known as Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment? Anyknow, moving to cabinets.


Here's that Crazy Kong cab again except this time it doesn't run Crazy Kong since Donkey Kong was actually present this time.



Four of Nintendo's legendary titles were present at this time. Unfortunately, Mario Bros. wasn't. But hey, I can settle with Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Junior.


Now for the SEGA arcade games. Starting with Pengo. here's more.





There is also Crazy Taxi, 18 Wheeler, and Sega Rally. Sega should made some great arcade games then huh? The Saturn they produced had some excellent arcade titles.

And that's my visit so far. I really enjoyed it and I hope to go back next year. Bring on NERG 2017. 








1 comment:

  1. Great photos mate. You've obviously enjoyed NERG! In the first photo, at the top of the post, you can see the old SEGA logo. :D

    Keep posting mate, your blog is getting really interesting. Make sure to update the Layout by adding features in like embedded videos, links to your favourite websites, JavaScript & HTML Codes (such as Shake Page as soon as you enter the website) and lots of other stuff.

    If you want a custom Apple Mac-like scrollbar for your blog, which also works if you're using a Windows computer, you can find out about how to do it easily at http://tcodesblog.blogspot.com/search/label/scrollbars (my coding blog).

    I really love your gaming blog mate. Mine is at http://ign.com/blogs/warren798

    ReplyDelete