From what I have heard is that Sony Interactive Entertainment in North America and Europe has been adding quite a few co-op/competitive focused titles recently. Back when the PlayStation 3 and the PlayStation Vita are still in the spotlight, they had been getting some decent AAA titles such as a slew of EA titles, Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Batman Arkham Asylum, Mortal Kombat 9, Metal Gear Rising, Bioshock 2, Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2 and many more.
Unfortunately, the PlayStation 4 doesn't seem to recivive the same treatment as most of the time. PS4 owners just gets budget value games and average games that even requires a constant internet connection to play and what's worse, few games on the Instant Game Collection has no Single Player mode meaning you are forced to find a friend locally in order to play. In this blog entry I will list down the PS4 games as of from December 2015 up until now which is June 2017. However, I will omit PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles since they are not focused on the Multiplayer aspect as well as cross-buy titles. I will only include the PlayStation 4 titles so here we go.
- Hardware Rivals (REQUIRES ONLINE TO PLAY!)
- Grim Fandango Remastered
- Helldivers (And it's a co-op shooter)
- Nom Nom Galaxy
- Broforce (Not a co-op shooter but a broken mess)
- Dead Star (REQUIRES ONLINE TO PLAY!)
- Zombi (It's just a generic zombie survival game)
- Tropico 5
- Table Top Racing World Tour
- NBA 2K16 (The only AAA PS4 title to be on Plus)
- Gone Home (You can beat this within minutes)
JULY 2016 (Thankfully, no multiplayer titles this time):
- Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (Yes! An standalone DLC pack!)
- Rebel Galaxy
- Tricky Towers (A mobile game? Really Sony!)
- Lords of the Fallen
OCTOBER 2016 (the only decent selection for PS4 for a change):
- Resident Evil
- Transformer Devastation
- Everybody's Gone to the Rapture
- The Deadly Tower of Monsters
- Invisible Inc.
- Stories: The Path of Destinies
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered
- This War is Mine
- Not a Hero
- LittleBigPlanet 3
- Tearaway Unfolded
- Disc Jam (REQUIRES ONLINE/FRIEND TO PLAY!)
- Drawn to Death (Alas a another online only game!)
- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
- Abzu (North America Only)
- Alienation (Europe Only) (It plays the same as Dead Nation)
- Tales from the Borderlands
- Life is Strange
- Killing Floor 2
After seeing the archives of Plus titles, it seems that Sony is focusing more on the generic multiplayer aspect than the actual games that were given out. As of right now. PlayStation Network has over thousands of titles of the PS4 and there are much better games that Sony could of gave to PlayStation Plus member instead of giving us half assed games and episodic games. For me they are fine but I'm just not really a fan of Telltale Games since they don't much have any interactivity, you're basically watching a TV show and perform dumb quick time events. Seriously, a game based on a game?
Sony could of easily given us any of the Shantae games, Shovel Knight, Street Fighter IV, Bastion, Among the Sleep, Megaman Legacy Collection, Shadow of the Beast and hell, even a LEGO game on the PS4 would keep me occupied rather than just shovelware. These these two games are okay in my opinion but Killing Floor 2 sounds like fun, the thing, most of the games that are on the list is the game I already have. Let's hope Sony improves their selection next month.