Friday 6 May 2016

REMEMBERING MY BEST EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER






© Cartoon Network/Tom Warburton

I know this is old news from my other site but it's worth mentioning on here but is anyone familiar with Codename: Kids Next Door when it first aired on Cartoon Network back in the early 00's? Does anyone remember the great Tom Warburton who worked closely with Curious Pictures by directing Sheep on the City and created Codename: Kids Next Door for Cartoon Network? Even though most famous cartoonists can have a really busy life. Mr. Warburton in my opinion is such an amazing guy and even has a great heart and love his fans so much that he did sketches for them with their orders for a limited time, had a Q&A session on YouTube and even encourages his fans to draw more G:KND art. Here are my examples:



So why did he do international shippings for a limited time? Because he really loves his fans so much across Earth, not just America. I happened to order something from his Printlabs store when he was doing international orders for a week. Mine was the ''Stay Young'' image that was used in the ending credits from the show's finale. It was so memorable, so tear dropping that it's a great way to bid farewell to the show by ending it with a bang with Mr. Warburton's awesome drawing of Sector V looking into the sunset. After that, Mr. Warburton moved on to work on a children's book called 1000 Times No.

When my order came on boxing day, I was so hyped and honoured seeing my name written by Mr. Warburton, but's that's just the start. Here's what I got inside:


image

Not only if I just got the print. I even got a set of KND playing cards that were made by Wizards of the Coast for Cartoon Network/Warner Bros. to sell back in the early 00's. Since Mr. Warburton was so awesome, he even does sketch requests by drawing KND characters on sketchcards that are requested by his fans. I would ask him to draw Supersmith but he only does official characters he worked on such as Kids Next Door and other projects. I'm surprised no one asked for Kenny and the Chimp as sketchcard form. For me, I picked Numbuh 3 on both. One for Stay Young and one for the sketchcard because she is my favourite character from the show and dang, she even called my name. Was super cool having his autograph signed three times though. Also, he's a close up in better quality.




And that's all I got to share and I'm very sure Mr. Warburton will do international orders again sometime later this year. And to Tom Warburton, keep up the great work, support and have a great future. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment